Find the Best Sellers in our Marketplace Quickly.
Seller Rating System
Our platform maintains a five-star rating system that allows buyers to rate their experiences with specific sellers as they relate to customer service, seller fees, and shipping. On a scale of one-to-five, buyers provide feedback that is averaged to give one overall score for each seller.
- Did you receive your item in a timely manner?
- How reasonable were the Seller’s shipping charges?
- Did the Seller’s online listing accurately describe the item?
- How reasonable were the Seller’s fees?
(fees other than shipping)
- Please rate the Seller’s customer service.
Buyers who complete a transaction will receive an email prompting them to rate their recent experience. The survey can also be accessed from a user’s My Proxibid profile page. Please note, comments submitted during the rating process will be shared with sellers but will not be posted to the website.
Proxibid’s badging system acts as a short-cut for buyers, helping identify sellers who offer low premiums, faster shipping, stellar customer support and more. Check out the legend below to learn more about each individual badge.
- Preferred Partner Badge
- This badge identifies sellers who have formed a strategic partnership with Proxibid and who meet the highest standard of service and ethics.
- Top Seller Badge
- Each month, we crunch the numbers and crown the sellers in the Marketplace, by category, who sell the most inventory.
- Superb Shipper Badge
- To qualify for this badge, sellers must typically ship all items (weighing less than 200 lbs) in 2-3 business days. Superb Shippers also do not mark up shipping costs and they disclose all shipping information to buyers. If shipping costs are marked up, it must be disclosed to buyers.
- Buyer’s Premium Badge
- To receive this badge, sellers must demonstrate that the fees they charge buyers are some of the lowest among their peers—the lowest five percent by category to be exact. This data is reviewed by Proxibid quarterly.
- Quality Catalog Badge
- Great, quality descriptions are important for buyers. Sellers with this designation are required to describe items fully and accurately (a minimum of 100 characters on average); including all defects, and must provide a minimum of two photos.
- Super Service/Compliant Badge
- A Super Service seller has less than a one percent buyer complaint rate and accepts returns for defective or inaccurately described items.
- Equipment Shipping Badge
- These sellers facilitate the shipping or pickup of equipment for buyers within seven business days following a sale. This designation is reserved for sellers with items that are 200+ lbs.
- APN Badge
- These sellers are active users of the APN payment network. This payment network is the most secure way to take payment on Proxibid, ensuring your account information, including credit card data, is secure. Proxibid is fanatical about keeping the Marketplace safe for buyers. Learn more »
- NAA Badge
- This badge identifies sellers who are members in good standing of the National Auctioneer’s Association – the standards body of the auction industry.
- IAA Badge
- This badge identifies members of the Industrial Auctioneers Association (IAA).
At any time, a user can report an item that is offered for sale on Proxibid. This functionality exists to help rid the Marketplace of counterfeit, illegal, inappropriate and misrepresented inventory. You can find the “Report this Item” link on any item detail page.